Old April 17th 15, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Automatic refunds

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:21:16 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 04:27:37PM -0500,

wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:
" Due to an operational issue, you are due a payment of ??29.90. This
is now ready for collection at Thornton Heath [National Rail]. "
That's an alarmingly large wrong side failure not to notice while it's
happening!

Not really, being 30 quid down for a month isn't noticeable to me, and I
have better things to do with my time than to carefully go over my
journey history every single day and submit lots of little refund
requests. Which is why I do it just once or twice a month.

I'm more astounded that your travel charges are so badly calculated /
things go wrong / whatever that every month you have to submit refund
requests to resolve problems.

Now I don't use PAYG a lot but I've had one mischarge in years of
travelling and even that one was a quirk that only someone like me
with geek levels of knowledge would spot. What on earth goes wrong
with your Oyster card usage that you need to make regular refund
requests?

I would have thought that until my wife and I each had refund needs on one
out and back trip through Heathrow.

--
Colin Rosenstiel