Old April 24th 15, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_5_] eastender[_5_] is offline

Default DLR - no collision detect?

On 2015-04-24 11:42:53 +0000, Recliner said:

And if you think having a human driver would save lives on the DLR,
how come most of the rail fatalities happen with trains with human
drivers on the Tube and NR?

There have been a fair few suicides on the DLR as my other post notes
although of course suicides are very hard to avoid.

But my is that I would have thought that a driverless train would have
some kind of obstruction detection system for any kind of hazard, but
it seems not.

E.