Old April 27th 15, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Liverpool St to Cambridge

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 03:06:12AM -0700, wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 April 2015 13:10:18 UTC+2, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 06:12:52PM +0100,
Next weekend I'll be travelling from Liverpool St to Cambridge. What
stock does that route use? What does first class get me? Anything? Or is
it like Southern where first class is exactly the same as second but
with an extra sticker on the window and a hankie velcroed to the seat?
If you want better 1st class, travel from Kings X perhaps?

Meh, the extra time spent getting to King's Cross would negate any
benefit I think, given that I'll be starting my journey at work, which
is spitting distance fro Liverpool St.

Unless something has changed recently, the fastest way to get from Liverpool St to Cambridge is to get the Underground to King's Cross and take the next non-stop train.

I do not optimise for time alone but for a combination of time,
convenience, cost, and comfort. If time was all-important, I'd have just
checked the timetables online.

"Cynical" is a word used by the naive to describe the experienced.
George Hills, in uknot