Old April 29th 15, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default DLR - no collision detect?

wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 00:29:47 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:52:11 +0000 (UTC)
"Peter Smyth" wrote:
d wrote:
A DLR train doing 17.2 m/s coming into a platform? In which universe?
Thats 38mph. If a DLR train ever got up to that speed it probably had
to go and have a lie down for a week. Say a far more realistic 20-25
mph which seems to be the top speed these days almost everywhere.

Train doing 10m/s, stops at 1.2m/s. Even with a 1-2 second reaction
time you're sorted.

DLR Bank - Lewisham, 11.06km, timetabled 26 min. Thats 7.1m/s average
including 14 intermediate stops, so the top speed must be much more
than 10m/s.

Well, timetables and reality are 2 different things, but it must be flying
on the parts I don't use because on the bank - canary wharf section I reckon
it does 30mph absolute max.

30mph = 13.4 m/s

Yes, and? It certainly doesn't do it entering stations. 20mph maybe.

Besides, I've been on a DLR train that did an emergency stop - presumably
when it lost its control signal - and took no time at all.

How far did it travel? Probably more than a few meters.