Old April 28th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:37:14 +0100, Dan Gravell wrote:

Not as annoying as people getting through on your ticket by following
closely behind. I'm trying to perfect the art of leaving it till the
last possible moment before going through the barriers and them closing.
Unfortunately my laptop bag makes this harder.

Most auto barriers tend to have a sensor on the "other" side and will stay
open for a while until one person (theoretically) has passed through. I
have very often done the following without any problem getting through...

1) Put down coffee
2) Insert ticket
3) Remove ticket
4) Return ticket to wallet
5) Return wallet to pocket
6) Pick up coffee
7) Pass through barrier

....obviously not when the station is busy, mind!

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
Mail me on neil at the above domain; mail to the above address is NOT read