Old May 15th 15, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Longest and Shortest

Roland Perry wrote:
Interesting that the thread mentions consecutive bus stops either side
of a dual carriageway. I experienced these two, 20m apart, last year:

https://goo.gl/maps/OQbYI

... running for a bus on the NW side of the road, then thought "hang
on, if I wait for it to go up to the roundabout and back, I've got
plenty of time."

I think these two stops at Tesco/IKEA in Tottenham on opposite sides of
a single carriageway are (a) closer as well as (b) in Lodnon

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!6m1!1e1?hl=en

[NB Google has placed the icons well away from the actual stops]

So another question for the rules of the "closest bus stops" record is
whether the distance is measured "as the bus drives" or "as the
passenger runs/walks/crawls"?

And I feel so nerdish after even thinking of that question that I'm off
for a very large drink

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid