Old May 16th 15, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Longest and Shortest

In message , at 01:00:59 on
Sat, 16 May 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:
I suspect the distance between the Walthamstow
Central Station stop and the next stop in the Bus Station is shorter.
Now these may well be set down stops but so what - they're still
stops. It's only a tiny distance further to Stop E (boarding and
alighting). There may be other bus stations where similar distances
apply.

Perhaps we need a supplementary rule that one should be able to get on
at the first stop, and off at the second - thus making it the shortest
trip between bus stops.

The problem with longest distance is it can vary by route - you get
long gaps between stops on the X26 and X68 (how far is it between West
Norwood and Waterloo?).

There are bus stops en-route, but limited stop buses don't use them.
Your interpretation here is "the longest ride on a bus after you've got
on, before having an opportunity to get off".