Old April 28th 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

Neil Williams wrote:
Most auto barriers tend to have a sensor on the "other" side and will stay
open for a while until one person (theoretically) has passed through. I
have very often done the following without any problem getting through...

1) Put down coffee
2) Insert ticket
3) Remove ticket
4) Return ticket to wallet
5) Return wallet to pocket
6) Pick up coffee
7) Pass through barrier

...obviously not when the station is busy, mind!

totally unlike most of the people I seem to get stuck behind....

1) Walk to barrier
2) Realise what that little piece of card they were given half an hour
later is for
3) Open handbag (because it usually is a woman)
4) Rake around in handbag for a bit
5) Get out purse
6) Find ticket in purse
7) Try to insert ticket in top of machine
8) Realise mistake and insert ticket in the front of the machine
9) Stand there for a bit wondering why gates haven't opened
10) Take ticket from machine, gates open
11) Stand there for a bit wondering if it's safe to go through
12) Pass through the barrier

..... or is it just me who comes across these idiots?