Old May 21st 15, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member, TfL Rail

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2015 19:12:57 -0500,

wrote:

In article

-september.

org,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article

rg,
(Recliner) wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
00:39:30 on Tue, 19 May 2015, Paul Corfield
remarked:
Picked up a copy of the new "London's Rail & Tube services" map-
the one with London & the South East rail services on the
reverse - dunno why they ditched the nifty 'London Connections'
name but whatever, I suppose the newer name is more descriptive
and perhaps less cryptic.

Where did you pick it up from?

Anyway, it's valid from 31 May 2015,

Online it's still the December 2014 edition.

Presumably they only put the new one online once it's valid?

Well, they changed the Victoria Line car line diagrams to show
interchange with London Overground at 3 stations late last month.

Physical maps take a while to print, distribute and place; online maps
can be replaced just in time.

No new maps were printed. These are overlay stickers which could easily
have been applied in depot nearer the time.

Sorry but the scale of the restickering task is enormous. I used to be
responsible for ordering all of these changes and the work has to fit
in alongside all the other work being done on the train fleets.

There are thousands of line diagrams, maps, fixed signs, announcements
and displays to be amended. You also need to bear in mind the high
utilisation level of 09 stock given the intensity of service now
operated daily on the Vic Line. At least the rolling stock there has
a modern DVA / VID system meaning the revised announcements and in car
displays will probably just flip over on the day. Other fleets are an
enormous pain to change.

It's hardly the end of the world if some stickers go up a fortnight
early. Better to be a bit early than weeks late.

I would agree if the fortnight was not more like 6 weeks.

--
Colin Rosenstiel