Old May 22nd 15, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Tufnell Park

On 22.05.15 6:34, Basil Jet wrote:

I just noticed that Tufnell Park is shut because the lifts are being
replaced.

So I suppose closing the existing entrance and building a new
Underground / Overground interchange at Station Road with escalators
cutting diagonally down to the existing Northern Line platforms is off
the menu for another 40 years.

I also heard about this.

Is there a reason that they cannot replace one lift at a time in those
nine months, thus avoiding the need to shut down the station?

Could they not pull two lifts while making people use the down stairs?