Old May 23rd 15, 06:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,

On 2015\05\23 02:17, wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2015 20:18:09 -0500,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2015 16:30:39 -0500,

wrote:

Will AGA be left with any routes of its own in Greater London? I can't
think of any.

It will stll serve Stratford and Romford on the Great Eastern.

Peak time Hertford East services continue to run semi fast via Seven
Sisters and Southbury. They will also run all services via T Hale and
from Stratford on the Lea Valley Main Line - there are several
stations within Greater London on that route.

I hadn't spotted those earlier, so they are definitely a few.

When / if we get the STAR services from Stratford to Angel Road then I
expect they will be with Greater Anglia as things stand. No mention
yet of TfL wanting to run those services.

STAR?

The scheme to add a third track from Coppermill Junction to Angel Road
to allow a local 15 minute stopping service to run between Stratford
and Angel Road. There would be 2 extra tracks at Tottenham Hale to
allow trains to pass each other. This is due to be completed by
2018/19 if the costs can be contained within the available funding.
Network Rail are doing their GRIP work to develop the design and
provide a more robust cost estimate.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the acronym. I'm aware NR work is going on but I
thought it was for four tracking.

There is info in the relevant Network Rail CP5 / planning documents.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/cp5-del...-delivery-plan
.pdf

See page 61.

Thanks. Interesting that options for grade separation at Coppermill Junction
& Clapton Junction are not mentioned.

It seems to me that a branch of the Victoria Line on the surface from
Northumberland Park Depot (south east side) to the centre of the
development would be far better, and it's not obviously more expensive
than all of that three-tracking. Are they really three-tracking all the
way to Stratford? Is the Lea Bridge line busy enough to need it?