Old May 24th 15, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,

On 2015\05\24 11:25, Paul Corfield wrote:

The other
"Transit" schemes were downgraded from tram or trolleybus operation to
bus schemes and even there only a half arsed scheme at Barking Reach
has been built with some fancy paving and branded bus shelters. It's
still just a double deck operated bus service.

This is the only infrastructure I've found...

I don't think half-arsed sums that up. It's definitely total-arsed.

Is the problem with trams that the tracks are bad for cyclists? I can't
see why trams need grooves or flanges in this day and age. A pair of
flat metal rails set in the tarmac with sensors which steer the wheels
onto the rails would reduce squealing, be safer for cyclists and would
allow points to have no moving parts. They would also be impossible to
derail.