Old May 25th 15, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2015 21:30:49 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2015\05\24 20:11, Paul Corfield wrote:

Yes the aforementioned Lea Valley service that runs from Stratford
daily.

... which presumably includes the proposed STAR services, although it
seems odd that new services entirely in London should be run by anyone
but London Overground.

Honest answer is "don't know". Nothing I have read has ever set out a
view as to who the train operator would be. The logical thing to
assume is that AGA would run the service given they already run
everything on the line via T Hale. However I suspect logic will not
figure in the minds of local politicians who will undoubtedly be
shouting at whoever is Mayor that it should be a TfL Overground
service because AGA are useless / not be trusted / hopeless /
expensive / unreliable etc etc. I can already imagine the wording of
Mayor's Questions from Joanne McCartney on this subject. She clearly
wants AGA out of the picture as fast as possible and will also be
keeping the pressure on TfL over Overground progress after 31.5.15.
She even asked the Mayor about a "tree no one accepts responsibility
for" at Bruce Grove which is apparently growing through the station
buildings! I suspect she will be there on 31.5.15 to see if LOROL are
chopping it down.

Clearly STAR will be a separate local stopping service that will share
tracks from north of Lea Bridge and in to Stratford. I note in recent
papers I read that Network Rail want to construct more platforms at
Stratford as part of STAR so they have capacity to cope with expansion
as early as possible rather than having to keep coming back to do ever
more expensive alterations. For once that seems the sensible thing to
do.

Looking closer at the timetable, there is nothing in Table 21 that uses the
Lea Valley line meaning that all its services go beyond the Oyster zonal
limit at Broxbourne. So, unless Hertford East is added to TfL's empire,
something that I suspect will not be welcome there, things will stay as they
are after 31st May.

--
Colin Rosenstiel