Old May 29th 15, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Overground article

Mizter T wrote:
It might not be quite the 'immediate overnight success story' that the
NLL transfer was - I think in significant part the immediate passenger
figure jump on the NLL was down to lots of existing users actually
starting to pay their fares!

Yes! I have fond memories of the number of people making u-turns with
grumpy faces on the rare days tickets were being checked - fond as the
chances of a seat were much higher.

But since then the numbers have of course
continued to rise considerably.

Population growth must have helped: 20 to 30 percent growth since 2007
in several East London boroughs.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid