Old May 30th 15, 07:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Overground article

On 30.05.15 0:12, Mizter T wrote:

On 29/05/2015 19:29, wrote:

On 29.05.15 15:59, Mizter T wrote:
[snip]
Good luck to TfL Rail, LOROL and MTR Crossrail.

I hope that they do last a while. The amount of changes in TOCs on the
Lea Valley Lines has made me lose track.

The devolution of responsibility for these routes to TfL is essentially
permanent (or at least for the foreseeable future).

TfL can change the concessionaire chosen to run the routes though, but
the public face of the service wouldn't change (think DLR - was operated
by Serco until December 2014, now it's run by Keolis/Amey).

The West Anglia metro routes are being rolled into the overall London
Overground concession operated by LOROL, which after an extension now
lasts until November 2016. They might well win a new contract to
continue operating it of course.

It almost reminds me of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New
York City or RATP in Paris.