Old April 29th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Darren Darren is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
s.com...
- Why should an action such as holding a ticket be a "handed" operation?

I'm
sure as a right-hander I'd have no difficulty whatsoever holding a ticket

in
my left hand and feeding into a slot on the left side of the barrier if
that's how the barriers were designed. Are left-handed people less
ambidextrous (apart from skilled actions like writing) than right-handed
people?

To me it isn't a problem, I'm left handed, and can happily work a ticket
gate with my right hand, I also do other things the right handed way, I use
a computer mouse with the right.
I believe it is also common for left handed people to hold a knife and fork
wrong, with the knife in the left - not me though.
Its these silly people who start requiring Left handed clocks that work
backwards and such which make left handed people seem strange.