Old May 31st 15, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground article

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2015 12:02:03 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 11:38:15 on
Sun, 31 May 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:
If you were HAL you would have wanted guarantees about the revenue due
to you so you could pay off the debt incurred in constructing the
tunnels into Heathrow. I believe the agreement runs to 2023 when the
debt should be clear. Goodness knows what happens then.

I suspect that Heathrow will come properly "into the Zones", but HEx
will be allowed to run trains through the core, at least as far as
docklands (or Stratford if that's a more logical place to reverse them).

I can't see that happening at all. I also would not be surprised if
there are legal restrictions in the Crossrail agreements that prevent
services other than those franchised by TfL from running through the
tunnels.

When I did look at the Crossrail Operating Agreement recently I'm
pretty sure I saw some rather involved drafting pertaining to who
controlled services on Crossrail and also carve outs from the Railways
Act legislation. I'm speculating a bit but I'm not going back to read
a 230 page document!

I know HCon is jointly owned by HAL, but is there any similar arrangement
for the replacement Crossrail Heathrow services? And it gets more
interesting once the Heathrow western rail link is operational, as that
will obviously run to T5. I've lost track of whether through services are
planned.