Old June 1st 15, 07:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Overground article

In message , at 23:43:20 on Sun, 31 May
2015, Mizter T remarked:
I think a lot more Londoners would use it if no separate tickets were
required. It would also be easier to sell pre-paid Visitor Oyster cards
if they already came loaded with enough credit to pay for the journey
to London plus some more travelling in London.

I agree, the visitor cards with not enough credit on to be useful are
a bit of a mystery.

Remind us how much credit is included?

£3 and no deposit, so enough to make one single journey, and top it up
when you want to make a seconds - which makes some sense because it
moves the queues away from the terminus stations.

Where do you get £3 from Roland? They all come with £10 credit at
least:
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/visiting-london/visitor-oyster-card

You're probably getting confused with the *non visitor* (i.e. regular)
Oyster cards, which IIRC initially came without pre-loaded credit but
that later changed, and were available from standalone vending machines
in a few Tube stations - this arrangement doesn't exist any more as
regular Oyster cards can now be obtained from the larger sized Tube TVMs.

Yes, I probably have conflated a couple of former schemes. I saw vending
machines at St Pancras, and on reflection they were probably £10 with a
£3 deposit included.