Old June 1st 15, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground article

Roland Perry wrote:
In message -septemb
er.org, at 20:59:38 on Sun, 31 May 2015, Recliner remarked:
I've never heard any suggestion that HEx will extend past Paddington.
Every Crossrail map in years has shown service to T4, not T5.

We aren't talking about Crossrail - this is HEx services after 2023.

If HEx is to continue running fast, non-stop to Paddington on the main
lines, it won't have access to the Crossrail tunnels will it? And if HEx
does use the relief lines and run through London, it will presumably have
to stop at all the PED-equipped tunnel stations, which means having trains
with the same door spacing as the 345s (and no first class?). On that
basis, how could HEx, with no speed or comfort advantage, charge higher
fares than Crossrail?

On the charges issue, they'd be offering a quicker ride from Heathrow to
docklands than Crossrail.

How so?