Old June 1st 15, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Overground article

In message , at 11:47:32 on
Mon, 1 Jun 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:
Sorry but the £230m has now turned into £70m because of the view of
the CAA. All included in the National Audit Office report on
Crossrail. The DfT have to pick up the tab for private sector funding
shortfalls.

Still within the contingency (for such hiccups).

See para 2.16 of
http://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/upl.../Crossrail.pdf

You'll excuse me if I'm not very sympathetic to Heathrow's position
even if it was their regulator who made the final determination as to
the Crossrail contribution.

Clearly, if they get a third runway then they'll get more benefit, and
maybe the sums will be done again.

Given that the only reason Heathrow built HEx, at their own expense, was
to meet local emissions rules (arising from less road traffic to the
airport) I'm not as unsympathetic as yourself about later decisions from
regulators who are in effect saying that Crossrail can't increase the
passenger usage of the airport, and therefore why should the airport pay
so much to install a competitor.

Are Crossrail paying a commercial rate to use the stations at the
airport, or is that another subsidy from HAL?