Old June 2nd 15, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground article

wrote:
In article

, (Recliner) wrote:

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Clank wrote:

The outrageous cost of the StEX strongly puts me off Stansted

I would also be concerned about the amazing large arrivals lines for
UK/EU citizens. Came through a few weeks ago on the Ryanair flight from
Brno around 6PM and the line was spilling back up the corridor before
the queuing area.

I've seen the same in Heathrow T5 and Gatwick North in recent weeks. For
some reason, EU Immigration queues have suddenly got a lot longer. I don't
know if the ePassport machines have got slower, or what.

Only 1 of 4 ePassport machines was working when I came back from Germany
through T5 recently.

That would certainly delay things. When I encountered the long queue, I
think four were working. At Gatwick, they opened up an overtaking loop with
four manned gates when the ePassport queue got too long.