Old June 2nd 15, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default TFL Rail.

"Robin" wrote:
Bill Borland wrote:
And that doesn't even begin to consider that the elderly might have
poor eyesight, arthritic fingers, various other defects (I note that
the OP holds a "disabled" Freedom Pass) making it difficult to use a
computer.

My brother asked for a laptop for his 70th birthday. He had never usd a
keyboard before - nor even a typewriter - and has various problems with
hands and fingers after a lifetime of driving for a living. He is
getting there with the internet. Voice recognition (eg "OK Google") is
still not Science-Fiction-style colloquially perfect but it's a boon for
those who are willing to try.

Actually, I'm amazed at just how good OK Google is (much better than Siri).
Having dabbled with voice recognition in various guises over the decades,
this one is an order or magnitude better, though as you say, still not
quite perfect. I use it mainly with my phone to avoid typing more than
necessary on the tiny onscreen keyboard.