Old June 3rd 15, 06:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Overground article

In message , at 12:00:14
on Tue, 2 Jun 2015, David Cantrell remarked:

Hands up everyone who chooses which airport to fly from based on what
species of train ticket you'll use to get there.
[looks around]
So that's approximately no-one.

My decisions (for myself and travel-agent-dad) on which airport to use
are as much dominated by the public transport options getting there and
back from home, as the price of the flights.

Me too,

Two hands in the air now

but that's because I care about how long it takes to get there.

Same here.

What ticket I'll need is of no import.

Compared to the overall cost of a trip abroad, the rail ticket to the
airport is rarely significant, although a surprising number of people
seem to enjoy saving a few quid by getting to Heathrow by tube, on the
way to their week in the sun.