Old June 3rd 15, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] rcp27g@gmail.com is offline

Default Overground article

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 12:58:26 UTC+2, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 01:12:23PM +0100, Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:09:22 +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:07:38AM +0000, Recliner wrote:
Surely it's worth having [Stansted] on Oyster, whoever runs the
trains? I think a lot more Londoners would use it if no separate
tickets were required.
Hands up everyone who chooses which airport to fly from based on what
species of train ticket you'll use to get there.
[looks around]
So that's approximately no-one.

As I'm sure you know, I meant more people would choose to travel to
the airport by train, not that more people would choose that airport.

No, I didn't know. It looked to me as if you were saying that they'd
choose Stansted over Heathrow (the only airport you can currently get to
on Oyster) if you could use Oyster to get to Stansted.

I often use my Oyster card to travel to LCY. For the route I frequently use, I have the choice of Heathrow, City, Luton and Gatwick. I pick City over the others, and if necessary will pay a premium for it.

Robin