Old June 3rd 15, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TFL Rail.

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message

rg, at 07:48:34 on Wed, 3 Jun 2015, Recliner
remarked:

The full Freedom Pass has the same entitlement age as the national bus
pass, which is the steadily-rising female retirement age (currently
about 63).

OK, but that sliding scale was fixed some time ago, and isn't
"receding" as claimed.

The scale is fixed, but the eligible age is increasing.

But according to a formula that was fixed some time ago, and hasn't
changed.

I think some people fear that it might be raised faster than that, but
it's not really an issue for Londoners.

A new formula, but is there anything in the Tory Manifesto about it?

I think the point is that there have (so far) been two formulae.

One advances the women's state pension age to match that of men, 65 at the
time the decision was made and the timetable drawn up.

Then there are general increases in the state pension age for both men and
women, increasing to 66 and 67 so far. Many women on the first escalator
then find themselves on the second, including my wife who will be retiring 7
years later than anticipated when we got married.

See
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/calculati...te-pension-age.

--
Colin Rosenstiel