Old June 3rd 15, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default DLR alignment at bank

On 2015\06\03 14:22, d wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 06:59:14 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 05:05:57 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:

Why does the DLR do a 90 deg turn just before it gets to Bank so its on
a north south alignment. Were there plans to extend it north at some
point? If not then surely it would have been simpler to bore the
platforms east-west?

How else could the platforms be below those of the Northern Line?

Huh? They could cross them at 90 degrees obviously like many lines cross.

Not if they are to avoid being under buildings in King William Street? How
many have deep foundations?

Dunno. But the DLR is pretty deep down. I'd be surprised if any buildings
had basements that deep, even the BoE. I don't know the depth but I'm guessing
its probably 100ft.

It's not about the basements, it's about the foundations.