Old June 4th 15, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Crossrail tunneling complete

On 04/06/2015 16:40, Mizter T wrote:

On 04/06/2015 16:14, Basil Jet wrote:

What would a "tunnelling mishap" be? I remember the NATM problem at
Heathrow, but that was surely a rare incident.

There was a significant tunnelling collapse in Stratford during the
boring for the CTRL tunnels.

Were there not some issues with 'Big Ben' leaning over a bit too much
during the JLE construction and needing extra underpinning?

Also I've read something about some urgent phone calls being made from
King's College at Aldwych to LT because of some ground movement when the
original Jubilee line was being bored (of course that stretch was never
used in the end).

A few years ago a tram tunnel project in Cologne ate a nearby library.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK