Old June 5th 15, 08:07 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling complete

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 12:06:21 +0100, Robert

On 2015-06-04 10:36:20 +0000, Graeme Wall said:

Now they can start building the railway... :-)

Indeed. But it would be good if Crossrail/TfL/NR could add some more
West and Northwest destinations, Gerards Cross, Tring, anywhere. :-)

Yes, I think there's still a hope that Crossrail will provide the WCML
locals to Tring, but I don't know if there's been any progress on the idea.
It may have to wait till the start of the Euston rebuilding for HS2. I
don't think there's any chance that they'll also serve the Chiltern line.

Still, this is a happy day for GB rail development. This tunnel is
going to be a real game-changer.

Through the requirement that all trains using it be built for it (as with
the new Thameslink) does reduce the flexibility: you can't just route any
old electric train through either of these cross London routes (or the East
London line), unlike the West London line.