Old June 5th 15, 09:38 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling complete

In message , at 10:30:30 on
Fri, 5 Jun 2015, e27002 aurora remarked:
Given the cost of the project, it seems a shame that if they want to
provide a service for Windsor they couldn't have built a tunnel at
Slough and actually gone to Windsor. But I don't understand why they
don't turn at Slough... is the bay platform gone?

Agreed, omitting the Windsor branch was an error.

Is Windsor station long enough,

Maybe not. That is outwith my knowledge. However, given the scale of
Crossra,il solving that issue would be small potatoes.

Have you been to the station? It's a single track about 4 coaches long.

and are you happy to reduce the service
frequency west of Slough as a result?

Not at all. But, one would be delighted to see more trains west of
Westbourne Park.

The number of trains in the core is fixed, so not much prospect of
movement there. The reduction would be west of Slough, on account of
trains going to Windsor rather than Maidenhead.