Old June 5th 15, 01:49 PM posted to uk.railway,misc-transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling complete

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015 13:12:04 +0100, Robert

On 2015-06-05 10:45:07 +0000, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 11:17:36 on Fri, 5 Jun
2015, Robert remarked:
In view of the geography it would be necessary to build a burrowing
junction at Slough - the ramps would have to start somewhere near
Dolphin Junction on the London side and the tunnels would have to
incorporate platforms for Slough. For such a construction to half-way
economic there would have to be at least 4 trains per hour to and from
Windsor

On the single track/platform?

That's as it is. If Crossrail comes (and it's a big "if") then why
would things stay the same?

The bridges over the Thames and its side-arm originally had two tracks
as did the whole branch including the south to west chord at Slough.

Big plans can come to fruition - I've just watched the Reading area be
transformed. Why could such a transformation not happen in the Slough
and Windsor area too - at some time in the future when Crossrail (Phase
1) has settled down?

The Reading work is great and solves the GWML's biggest bottleneck.
That also means that we just promoted what was the second biggest. :-)