Old June 6th 15, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default A Royal Night Out

There seemed to be two London buses in this film - one was RT3, which
was authentic for 1945, couldn't see what the other one was. Unauthentic
features were twin rear lamps (which they always seem to have on cars
and other vehicles at a time when single ones were standard in UK),
headlights (I seem to remember that "blinkered" lights were used until
the end of the war - and on trams until withdrawal), full destination
blind displays (not reintroduced for a while after the war), and the
conductress using the Gibson ticket machine which did not replace
punched tickets until the 1950s. Didn't notice it, but I suspect the
wartime netting and diamond peep-holes on the windows were not there.

Peter Beale