Old April 29th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Laura-Ann Laura-Ann is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Niklas Karlsson wrote in message

Indeed. Another thing most people get right is letting people off the
train before trying to get on.

Most of those who don't get this right (seems to be more common on NR
than on the Underground) seem to be teenagers, and some even have the
gall to be offended when I insist on getting off first.

Niklas

From my experience, when they get older (I won't say "grow up") they
all go and live in Maidenhead!

I never understand why, particularly if it's a crowded train, anyone
even thinks there's room to get on until others have got off. It was
much easier fo me a couple of years ago: it is hard for anyone to get
on whilst a pushchair is coming off.

PhilD

--

Just chipping in...this is one of the things that annoys me most.

I have to trek around, at the moment with a knee brace. I did it for the
first time in London yesterday. Now, it was very much on show because I was
wearing a skirt. Everytime I went to get off a train, it was exceptionally
difficult to bend my knee, and I ended up jumping, or hopping down. People
were tutting, and pushing me back into the train. Is it so difficult to
wait a few seconds while someone gets off?

And, even before the doors have opened, they are crowding around it waiting
to get on, not leaving any space for those who wish to get off. Many times
yesterday I shoved myself through groups of people waiting at the doors, and
got "you piece of scum" looks. And for the first time yesterday, I actually
swore at people who couldn't be patient. It's difficult enough for me at
the moment to get on trains, I don't need it made more difficult to get off.

Now, the idiots who ignore the "Keep Left" signs in tunnels and on
stairs...that's another story.

Laura-Ann