Old June 8th 15, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_5_] eastender[_5_] is offline

Default New bus service at Dalston junction?

On 2015-06-07 13:54:59 +0000, Paul Corfield said:
[...]
there is a bit more money sloshing around for bus improvements as
TfL have increased the budget and are predicting an increase in bus
KMs over the next few years. Also there is money notionally spare from
the D6 given it was curtailed and quite a few buses were made spare
from the route.

What's a KM? Kilometre? I expect there is some pressure also to prove
that the bus station at DJ can repay some of its investment.

Yes - bus kilometres.

Was the bus station funded by development money? I guess that prob just
contributed to the whole station project.

There was a lot of fuss at the time over a £40 million concrete 'slab'
that only has one bus service.

eastender - you sent the above message with HTML formatting -
convention round these archaic parts is that postings to usenet are in
plain text, otherwise various stuff can happen, like quoting getting
all messed up in subsequent replies. (Trying my best not to sound like
some sort of old school internet gendarme!)

I've been using Usenet since the early 1980s so know about this - I'm
currently using Unison on a Mac - I'll look at the settings but I think
most of my posts are in plain text but sometimes it goes awry.

E.