Old June 9th 15, 02:06 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
John Kenyon John Kenyon is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling complete

On 06/06/2015 09:47, Paul Corfield wrote:
SNIP

The DfT have instituted a study for the WCML link to finalise the
preferred route and determine the business case. There are two
options - one through a new tunnel and one via remodelled existing
tracks between Old Oak Common and the WCML. I don't know when the
report is due.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...wcml-link.html

The Crossrail project have said they will do nothing about the link
until they receive a sponsors instruction to proceed. It would also be
a separate piece of work so it did not distract from the delivery of
the main project.

That's exactly what I want to hear - scope creep = busted budget