Old June 9th 15, 04:55 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling complete

On 2015\06\09 15:06, John Kenyon wrote:
On 06/06/2015 09:47, Paul Corfield wrote:
SNIP

The DfT have instituted a study for the WCML link to finalise the
preferred route and determine the business case. There are two
options - one through a new tunnel and one via remodelled existing
tracks between Old Oak Common and the WCML. I don't know when the
report is due.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...wcml-link.html

The Crossrail project have said they will do nothing about the link
until they receive a sponsors instruction to proceed. It would also be
a separate piece of work so it did not distract from the delivery of
the main project.

That's exactly what I want to hear - scope creep = busted budget

I know what you're saying, but terminating half the trains at Paddington
is blimming ridiculous, and I wonder how many years will pass before
that is resolved.

I'm not over keen on them going to the WCML though. I'd rather see them
all go to Mitre Bridge (new interchange with the WLL) then half go onto
the NLL to Acton Central and South Acton, and then a quarter go to
Richmond and a quarter go to Hounslow, Staines and Windsor Riverside.
The NLL trains from Stratford can all go to Clapham Junction,
interchanging at Mitre Bridge for anyone who wants Richmond.