Old April 29th 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , Darren
] writes
Its these silly people who start requiring Left handed clocks that work
backwards and such which make left handed people seem strange.

Left-hand clocks are a joke.

Scissors only work if held in the right hand. If you want ones for use
in the left hand, they need to be constructed in a different way. If
you're left-handed, you might find such scissors better for detailed
work.

I've tried using left-handed scissors with my left hand - felt a bit funny
but soon got used to it. As I said earlier, I wonder if left-handers
generally are more polarised to left-handedness and less ambidextrous than
right-handers for non-precision tasks?

On a related "handedness" issue, I knew someone who had great difficulty
driving in mainland Europe becauase she expected the pedals and the
arrangement of the gears on the gear lever to be mirror image in an LHD
car - she couldn't get her brain around the fact that they were the same as
in an RHD car.