Old June 12th 15, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Pollution on the tube

On 11/06/2015 21:04, Recliner wrote:

CJB wrote:
On Thursday, 11 June 2015 09:30:29 UTC+1, wrote:
I was waiting for a northern line train at old street this morning and when
the train came in I noticed its headlights were picking out a lot of dust in
the air. Probably most of it is brake dust but even so, it can't be very
healthy can it?

This has been a problem for years and years. Ever tried to look at the
end of Camden Station from the other end - its murky and hazy. Apparently
80% of the dust is dead skin - probably a mixture of mouse droppings and
asbestos too. Whatever DON'T bounce up and down on the filthy Bakerloo
Line seats. Then you will see the dust fly. CJB.

Iron dust, not asbestos, these days. Just google it for lots of info.

Better to just wallow in a swamp of ignorance and assume the worst, no?