Old June 13th 15, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Mayor's Boris Island plan killed off TfL takeover of SoutheasternMetro services

On 2015-06-13 00:14:56 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

God knows what the next Mayor does with them.

I know you won't like it, but I'm hoping for "fits new aircon or opening
windows and keeps them". While the platform is a gimmick and I would
expect them to be OPO in due course, [...]

Many Boris Bus routes are OPO already (that is, 24/7, rather than
partially two manned for some of the day).

Two comments on this...

(1) Boris made a *big* deal of promising a bus with an open platform
that one could hop-on and hop-off. You can't do that if the door is closed.

(2) When in OPO mode, the rear door is somewhat restrictive, in part I
think because of the need to have the centre grab pole for when the rear
open platform is, er, actually open.

I think Paul has suggested that there might be structural problems with
retro-fitting windows. Retro-fitting aircon isn't necessarily an easy
task either, nor cheap - and I doubt it'd so the efficiency credentials
of the bus much good.

I think the 'Roastmaster' issue might well be the thing that really dogs
this bus.