Old June 14th 15, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth[_2_] Peter Smyth[_2_] is offline

Default Freedom Pass holder travelling Stratford to Colchester

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 08:34:12 on Sun, 14 Jun
2015, Peter Smyth remarked:
Anyone here know if a non-TfL train you are on has to stop at the
Freedom-Pass boundary station (eg Harold Wood) or can one travel
on a fast AGA train London to Colchester with a FP plus a Harold
Wood to Colchester ticket?

Technically no (although it may well be accepted). You should buy a
Boundary Zone 6 - Colchester ticket instead.

Of course - I should have remembered that. Although Harold Wood is a
bit odd in that it's the boundary for the AGA Freedom Pass validity,
despite there being other zones further out.

But... I notice the line from Stratford to Harold Wood is only in
purple, not [solid] orange. Does that mean you can't use AGA at all
in that direction to get further than Stratford anyway?

Depends when you are travelling. TfL Rail can be used at any time, but
AGA is only valid after 0930.

Peter Smyth