Old June 14th 15, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Mayor's Boris Island plan killed off TfL takeover of SoutheasternMetroservices

On 14/06/2015 09:56, Recliner wrote:

Robin9 wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Blimey Boris is an idiot.

The one thing we all, Paul Corfield, Spud, myself, everyone else, agree
on!

I don't: I think he's a very smart operator who successfully adopts the
guise of a bumbling idiot. [...]

I quite agree with that - various suggestions that 'bumbling Boris' act
likely surfaced as a defence mechanism when he went to Eton, because he
wasn't anything as posh nor aristocratic as many of his peers.

My comment above was really just in frustration that he gets away with
it so much, prompted by the numerable public statements he made saying
the bus would have an open platform giving the freedom to hop-on and
hop-off - well, the mark 2 version won't have that at all, and there are
plenty of mark 1 buses plying their trade that never have their rear
platforms open.

My main issue with the bus though is that it can get so hot.