Old June 14th 15, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Best route from Croydon (London) to Heathrow?

On 14/06/2015 16:51, Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
[...]
Alternatively, East Croydon/Victoria/Hammersmith/Piccadilly Line. Much
easier (cross platform) interchange at Hammersmith than South Ken.

Or change at Barons Court for the same effect - a less busy station, and
more interesting in my reckoning.

Yes, Baron's Court is better for the change, just as Blackfriars is much
better than Victoria, with its dozens of steps down to the platform, and
huge rush hour crowds.

By going via Blackfriars, you're heading significantly out of the way
just to use a step-free route. It depends how much that step-free route
matters to the passenger in question.

Victoria Underground station is indeed very busy in the morning peak,
but it does still work and passengers do pass through it, albeit slowly.
Again it depends the passenger(s) in question. (I'd do it, for example!)

I'd be a bit wary of heading via Blackfriars because it's Thameslink...
and we all know how the Thameslink route (particularly the core) likes
to take a little lie-down at rather inopportune times.