Old June 14th 15, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Pass holder travelling Stratford to Colchester

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 14/06/2015 18:21,
wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:
[...]
Careful - a Freedom Pass holder is *not* compelled to travel on TfL
Rail (to be Crossrail) out to Shenfield if they want to head out to
Colchester (or wherever) and use their Freedom Pass for part of the
journey, they just need to buy a ticket from Boundary Zone 6 to
Colchester if travelling from Stratford on AGA.

I guess that a ticket from Shenfield to Colchester would be a bit
cheaper than one from Boundary Zone 6 though, but it's a bit of a
faff.

Especially as Boundary Zone 6 is apparently not a station available
on the AGA or other TOC booking web sites.

No, I was suggesting that specifically travelling on the slower
stopping TfL Rail service to Shenfield in order to get a cheaper
ticket rather than just getting on the train the OP really wants to
be on, the train from Stratford to Colchester, would be a faff.

Boundary Zone tickets aren't available on any booking site and never
have been. Some self-service ticket machines in London now offer them.

So they should be available online.

--
Colin Rosenstiel