Old June 14th 15, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Best route from Croydon (London) to Heathrow?

"Mizter T" wrote

On 13/06/2015 23:49, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

The TFL journey planner is very reliable for this sort of query, if
what you want is fastest/easiest, rather than cheapest.

The SE Travel Planner is less inclined to order you to cross a dual
carriageway with no light controlled crossing.

http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk..._TRIP_REQUEST2

Where does that happen?

The examples I have seen have a dual carriageway with bus stops, and the TFL
journey planner chooses the nearest.

When the destination is on the other side, oops !

Try Kingston-upon-Thames to KT19 0EB [Ewell Court, Lakehurst Road, Ewell]

I also got it on a trip from Ashford Hospital to TW18 4HW where crossing the
A30 is possible but not where suggested (SE Travel Planner has a problem too
because Open Street Map hasn't got the crossing).

-- --
Mike D