Old June 16th 15, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Mayor's Boris Island plan killed off TfL takeover of SoutheasternMetro services

wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 08:55:14 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 17:20:32 +0000 (UTC)
"Peter Smyth" wrote:
While there are certainly many vociferous opponents of Heathrow
expansion in West London, opinion polls have shown the majority support
it so I don't think being anti-Heathrow is the advantage you seem to
think it will be.

Have you got any statistics to back that up?

I'd like to know who actually wants any airport extension anywhere in the
south east other than the aiports themselves and airlines. London already

has
4 major airports + city and southend which is more than any other european
capital. This whole manufacturered "crisis" is nothing more than vested
interests trying to increase their share prices with gullible politicians
falling for it hook and line.

In less time than it took you to type that post, I found these and numerous
similar reports:

A load of partisan publictions stating dodgy unverified polls that have no link
to them. I realised that in less time than it took you to come up with your
feeble attempt at sarcasm.

But if you want to play that game:

http://www.airpor****ch.org.uk/2015/03/25402/

So, "Hundreds of people from London and the South East, including many
whose homes are threatened by a new runway, showed their determination that
the runway will not be built". Wow, is that the extent of the opposition?

In the meantime, here's something that might help you with your
debilitating phobia:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ith-confidence