Old June 16th 15, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Best route from Croydon (London) to Heathrow?

On 15/06/2015 20:20, Clank wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
[...]
Alternatively, East Croydon/Victoria/Hammersmith/Piccadilly Line. Much
easier (cross platform) interchange at Hammersmith than South Ken.

Or change at Barons Court for the same effect - a less busy station, and
more interesting in my reckoning.

My preference for Hammersmith is probably just because I know the area well
having spent a lot of time there when younger. More practically, if things
fall apart and I need an alternative route, there's a major bus station and
the Hammersmith & City line station nearby that can take me to Paddington
if needed. These things are not true of Barons Court.

Fair points re alternatives.

Prosaically, when travelling to an airport, the degree to which the station
platforms en-route are 'interesting' (and we are clearly talking about
vanishingly small values of 'interesting' in either case) tends to figure
low down my list, to be honest.

Funnily enough, in another forum for frequent flyers (which for some
reason I drop in on from time to time despite not being one!), another
poster cited the same preference for Barons Court for the same reasons
in advice given to a upcoming transatlantic visitor. So I'm not
completely bonkers for suggesting it! (Though yes, said visitor will be
coming from Heathrow into town, so if they get that far the Piccadilly
will evidently be running ok.)