Old June 16th 15, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Mayor's Boris Island plan killed off TfL takeover of SoutheasternMetro

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\06\16 20:29, Mizter T wrote:

On 15/06/2015 22:50, Basil Jet wrote:

If they'd written "Barclaybikes" on the side instead of just "Barclays"
I think it would have caught on.

I heard some people calling them Barclays bikes - they would have done
well to actually call it that rather than "Barclays Cycle Hire".

Initially I wasn't an enormous fan of calling them 'Boris bikes', but I
was stuffed if I was going to name check Barclays, certainly at the time
the sponsorship was announced.

I'm surprised "Boricycles" never caught on.

Four syllables rather than three.