Old June 22nd 15, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] spuddy@your.buddy is offline

Default London Tubes: Unexpected locations of underground trains

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 23:38:18 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
The original orders were assembled by GEC-Alsthom in Washwood Heath (the
old Met Cam works). By the time of the top-up order, that plant had closed,
so they were built by Alstom, I thought in Savigliano, Italy, like the
extra Pendolino order. But maybe they were assembled in Spain and I was
getting confused with the Pendolino order?

Wherever it was can soon expect another top-up order for updated 95TS
trains for the Northern and Jubilee lines.

I imagine a few new trains will be needed for the new battersea branch
on the northern, but why will the jubilee need new trains? The service
is pretty frequent already, I can't see how they'll squeeze any more trains
onto the line.

--
Spud