Old April 30th 04, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Cross Dave Cross is offline

Default Oyster Prepay and Travelcards

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:53:07 +0100, TC wrote:

"Dave Cross" wrote in message
news
But before I do, can someone please confirm that I'm not going mad. You
can buy travelcards with prepay credit can't you? I know I've done it
before. Or was that just a glitch in the system?

You could, but you can't anymore.

Well the woman I just spoke to on the phone seemed surprised that I'd ever
been able to do it. But at least she believed me (unlike the idiot that I
spoke to in the station last night). And she's going to refund my £4.70.

That just leaves one question. If you're not supposed to buy tickets using
perpay credit, then why is it an option on the machine?

Dave...