Old June 23rd 15, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Night tube

wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 02:17:04PM +0000, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of
the sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?
The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be
possible.

Interesting that they don't even have plans to introduce night trains on
the Bakerloo.

Since they aren't suggesting night trains anywhere without modern signalling
it will be a long time yet. You might as well complain the Waterloo & City
isn't mentioned.

The Piccadilly Line certainly doesn't have modern signalling, and its
trains are only a few years newer than the Bakerloo's.

In my book the absence of the Northern Line City branch is more surprising.
I know the City is still pretty dead outside office hours, but Old Street
and London Bridge?

Perhaps because of the looming rebuilding of Bank station, with a new
southbound platform tunnel for the Northern line?