Old June 28th 15, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 83 TS on the M25

In message , at 18:07:14 on Sun, 28
Jun 2015, d remarked:
North past the junction with the M40 this afternoon (sunday) I saw an

entire train of 1983 stock on 6 low loaders heading northbound. I was

under the impression that this stock had all been sold or scrapped about

a decade ago. Did they still have some hanging around Neasden?

FWIW the train was utterly wrecked. Even the graffiti louts had obviously

given up on it since the graffiti itself was covered in a nice layer of

green mould. Most of the windows were smashed and some of the shoebeams

had snapped presumably due to wood rot.

Ah-ha! I saw three of them northbound on the M1 in Leicestershire at
around 7pm. I wonder what had happened to the other three.